Nexus Steel is looking for an experienced Safety Coordinator to help our team in minimizing the risk of potential job-related incidents. A Safety Coordinator should have a good understanding of OSHA regulation which includes 29 CFR 1926 (Construction) & 29 CFR 1910 (General Industry).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Conduct weekly SAFETY TOOLBOX TALK.
· Oversee inspections of all fall protection gear, rigging, hoisting equipment, rental equipment, and fire extinguishers.
· Work closely with crews to ensure all required pre-task plans & permits are properly filled out and posted.
· STOP ALL UNSAFE WORK IMMEDIATELY!
· Coordinates with employees and other trades involving safety concerns.
· Monitor’s the job site with the ability to detect unsafe practices, careless behavior, and heat related issues (during summer months).
· Perform job site safety inspections and audits to maintain compliance with all Federal, State, City, and Company policies and procedures.
· Keep inventory & order all safety supplies and PPE as needed.
· Attend all General Contractor required safety meetings.
· Resolve any safety questions, issues, or concerns employees have regarding safety.
· Communicate any and all safety concerns to Safety Director & Gen. Foreman.
· Perform necessary training along with any retraining due to non-compliance issues.
· Follow up and manage injuries that have occurred on site.
· Review Site Specific Safety Plan with all employees working on the project prior to start of work.
· Maintain records of toolbox talk, safety inspections/audits, and site-specific training.
· Make recommendations to the Safety Director about new procedures to carry out work safely at
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Exhibits knowledge of appropriate emergency protocols.
· Demonstrates familiarity with job site equipment and materials.
· Possesses strong leadership skills.
· Communicates clearly and effectively.
· Pays close attention to detail.
· Works well with a team and independently.
· Demonstrates ability to remain calm and cool-headed in the event of an emergency.
· Possesses solid problem-solving and analytical abilities.
Work Experience/Education Requirements:
· OSHA 30 certification is required (OSHA 510, 500 preferred).
· Maintain a current CPR/First Aid/AED card.
· Quality verbal and written communication skills.
· Knowledgeable in computer systems (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook).
· 3+ years of construction experience with the emphasis being in safety.
· Ability to maintain regular and consistent attendance.
· Ability to move various material up to 50lbs. on jobsite.
· Ability to walk 5-10 miles & ascend/descend ladders/stairs to upper floors of buildings.
· Be able to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
· Willing to travel and stay in hotels for multiple weeks at a time
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 – $70,000.00 per year
Health savings account
Paid time off
10 hour shift
12 hour shift
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
Arizona: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
OSHA 30 (Required)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: Multiple Locations