Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct weekly SAFETY TOOLBOX TALK.
- Oversee inspections of all fall protection gear, rigging, hoisting equipment, rental equipment, and fire extinguishers.
- Work closely with crews to ensure all required pre-task plans & permits are properly filled out and posted.
- STOP ALL UNSAFE WORK IMMEDIATELY!
- Coordinates with employees and other trades involving safety concerns.
- Monitor’s job site with the ability to detect unsafe practices, careless behavior, and heat related issues (during summer months).
- Perform job site safety inspections to maintain compliance with all Federal, State, City, and Company policies and procedures.
- Keep inventory & order all safety supplies and PPE needed.
- Attend all General Contractor required safety meetings.
- Resolve any safety questions, issues, or concerns employees have regarding safety.
- Communicate any and all safety concerns to Gen. Foreman & Safety Director.
- Perform necessary retraining due to non-compliance issues.
- Follow up and manage injuries that have occurred on site.
- Review Site Specific Safety Plan with all employees working on the project prior to start of work.
- Maintain records of toolbox talk, safety inspections, and site-specific training.
- Make recommendations to the Safety Director about new procedures to carry out work safely at
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Exhibits knowledge of appropriate emergency protocols.
- Demonstrates familiarity with job site equipment and materials.
- Possesses strong leadership skills.
- Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Pays close attention to detail.
- Works well with a team and/or independently.
- Demonstrates ability to remain calm and cool-headed in the event of an emergency.
- Possesses solid problem-solving and analytical abilities.
Work Experience/Education Requirements:
- OSHA 30 certification is required (OSHA 510, 500 preferred).
- Quality verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledgeable in computer systems (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook).
- 1- 3 years of construction experience with emphasis on the safety field.
- Ability to maintain regular and consistent attendance.
- Ability to move various material up to 50lbs. on jobsite.
- Ability to walk 5-10 miles & ascend/descend ladders/stairs to upper floors of buildings.
- Be able to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions.